The Frederick & Nelson flagship store at 5th Avenue and Pine Street in downtown Seattle underwent a major renovation between 1949 and 1952. The remodel added four and a half new floors, and completely rearranged, redecorated, and refurnished all departments. The new store, with 10 floors above ground and 2 below, celebrated its grand opening on August 4, 1952. A large crowd waited at the entrance for longtime Frederick & Nelson doorman, Clark Pounds, to cut the ribbon and open the new store. This photo shows the crowd of Seattleites streaming through the doors of on opening day as KING TV captured the event for viewers at home.
The Triumph Tiger Trail TR7T is a historically significant motorcycle that remains largely unknown – it’s particularly noteworthy as it was Triumph’s first official attempt